Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Zodiac

So, I keep hearing all of these people screaming about the "New Zodiac" and I can't help but shake my head.
"Oh no! I'm not an Aries anymore!" "But I have the Scorpio tattoo!" "I am nothing like a Leo!"
My favorite is the "This is a load of 'dingo's kidneys'" Like someone just decided to make this 13th Zodiac Sign up out of their imagination. When in reality, its been there the whole time. However, it was simply ignored and left out of the traditional Western Zodiac. In reality that sign that many, myself included, have identified with for all of their lives, is in fact wrong. The stars you were born under are still the same. However, now there is a more accurate measurement of which stars their are and there is a new set of arbitrary traits that are assigned to them. So whether you believe in the new zodiac or the old zodiac... does it really matter what set of arbitrary traits are assigned to you? Do you need to identify with them in order to live your life? Is it so important that you are having an identity crisis over this?

Just something to think about in this new Zodiac controversy.

2 comments:

  1. You know its funny. I learned about this in my physics class last year, completely forgot about it, and then got sucked into the "hysteria". I don't believe in astrology, but I think its fun to have a sign. I like being a scorpio sagittarius cusp, although when I actually looked up characteristics of my "new" sign (Libra) I figured it wouldn't too bad to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get drawn into the hype either. This really has nothing to do with us unless you follow Sidereal astrology which is mainly followed in the East; it uses the constellations as it's guide. Here in the West, most of us follow the Zodiac which is guided by the sun or seasons. So, unless you follow Eastern astrology-your sign didn't change and even if you do follow the Sidereal--you probably already knew about the "new sign" a long time ago. This is just a case of a bored scientist trying to stir up trouble.

    ReplyDelete