Monday, March 14, 2011

Graduate School

As I near the end of my undergraduate collegiate career, I am gearing up for graduate school. I would like to take a few moments to discuss how difficult this process is, for all of you who might be thinking about taking this route.
First, some background information. I am in my last semester of my Bachelors’ Degree in World History. Therefore, I am working on all of the senior work that is part of achieving this degree. Plus three other classes that were needed to maintain full time status. Then I had to take the GRE. You can’t get into a graduate program in history without taking it. And you can’t do well on this test unless you study. Then the application process involves a collective effort between you and your advisor, as well as other faculty.
It is a lot of work just to get into the graduate school. And with everything else that a senior in college has to get done, its no wonder that most people stop at the undergraduate level. I guess this process is to weed out the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment